December 8, 2010

Going Greek (Yogurt)

Over the past few years, I have developed a strong love for Greek inspired things. I blame the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies for this. Gladiator sandals are a fashion staple, I love greek salad and I've rocked the toga multiple times for Halloween.

I must confess, greek yogurt is at the top of the list. If you've never tried greek yogurt you are missing out. It's creamy, much lower in fat and sugar than regular yogurts and the plain flavor is an easy swap for sour cream. The only downside to this delightful food is the cost- it's usually more expensive than regular yogurt. We just can't have that so I decided to make my own greek yogurt. I saw it on TV somewhere and tried it out last night/this morning.

You start with regular yogurt, any flavor you wish. 
All- natural, plain, and nonfat
Place the yogurt in a strainer lined with a coffee filter (or paper towels) then place the strainer over a bowl. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. The liquid in the yogurt will drain into the bowl.
the morning after
It turns out thick and creamy just like greek yogurt! Make yourself a delicious bowl of yog.
Yog, banana, strawberry jam, Kashi Go-Lean cereal
After you assemble the yog bowl, mess it up and enjoy.
Yogurt Mess

Buying regular yogurt and making it greek is a much cheaper way to enjoy the luxury that is greek yogurt. After going greek I bopped around my house cleaning and organizing my room. I also did some of this. 

Christmas Decorations!

Did you notice the senior research to the left? I thought maybe placing the books so close to the tree would motivate me to spend time working on this project over winter break. And because really, what says Christmas more than Men's Health Magazine and books on agenda setting and cultural trends of individualism?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment