December 23, 2010

Low Cost Luxury Recipe: Mint Chocolate Cookie Cups

Due to the fact that today is Christmas Eve-Eve and the fact that I have been baking up a storm lately, I continued my bakefest this afternoon. Today's recipe was low cost, unique, and created especially for you by me. Consider it an early Christmas gift.

I was inspired by the cookie cups I noticed on this yummy site and my love for both chocolate and mint. Combine these together and you get Mint Chocolate Cookie Cups.

All you need is cookie mix and some mint chocolate chips

 Usually, I am against packaged, processed foods, but the cookie mix was buy one get one free at The Pubs this week, making it low cost and easy. The chips were about $2.50, which may seem like a lot but they combined dark chocolate and mint into little chips, making the price tolerable. 

Preheat the oven to 350 while singing Christmas carols. If you live in a house like mine, check the oven before you turn it on. There might be cookies stashed away in there. 
Seriously, there are cookies everywhere in this house. 


Simply make the cookie mix according to the package directions. I added a little flour to make the dough thicker, but you could leave it out. Also, place the dough in the fridge for awhile so it can stiffen up. (I put mine in the freezer due to extreme impatience).

Next, place tablespoonish sized balls into a mini muffin tin. Bake them.

While the cooks are baking, feel free to eat your weight in chips. 


After the cooks get their bake on, remove them and immediately make a "pocket"in the top of the cups. Use a teaspoon to do this. Once you make the pockets, add a few chips.

Remove the cookie cups with the assistance of a small kitchen knife. Allow to cool on a rack.
Perfection


After this, I whipped up a batch of Peanut Butter Blossoms. Classic. 

Christmas Cooks for less. Love it. Just in case you need some more low cost and scrumptious cookie recipes here are a few more. 













No comments:

Post a Comment