November 11, 2010

Life's Little Luxuries: Pumpkin Spice

Pumpkin deliciousness + Anderson


It would be an understatement to say that I enjoy pumpkin flavored things. It's more of an extreme admiration, an addiction perhaps. I also love Starbucks (which I affectionately call "the 'bucks). I'm not one for coffee or hot drinks, but the iced teas, "kid's temp" hot chocolate, and the atmosphere make me appreciate the small things in life. 

One thing that isn't small is the price of the drinks. Often times, I only visit the 'bucks if I have a gift card, but during this season they lure me with the beloved pumpkin spice drinks. Perfect, offer my favorite flavor at one of my favorite places during the time when my gift card only has 62 cents on it and I'm saving money for Black Friday shopping. I love you 'bucks, but I have a better idea.

Enter: Pumpkin Spice Tea by Stash. I convinced my mom that this was a necessity at the last trip to The Fresh Market. I'm guessing the box was around $2.99ish. The Pumpkin Spice creamer was only $1.00, it was already on sale and there was a dollar off coupon laying right next to it. <-- fate. Add the creamer to the tea and you have yourself a much cheaper (and healthier) version of the beloved pumpkin spice drinks! And, the total cost of the entire box of tea and the creamer is about the same price as one drink at the 'bucks. Score.

Don't worry 'bucks, I will still come and visit. Lucky for you I haven't been able to replicate your Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment