November 30, 2010

Iced Coffee Disaster


I hate to say it, but sometimes low cost luxuries turn out to be a horrible horrible thing. Let me explain. 

This morning I was especially tired...actually I was just tired, which these days seems to be my normal state of existence. Either way, I decided today would be a good day to get iced coff on my way to The Beacs, home of my internship. 

~The first clue that this was a bad idea was the fact that I am not much of a coffee drinker or a caffeine partaker. But this did not stop me. I like iced coffee sometimes and I figured today would be one of those times. 

~The second clue that this was a bad idea was the fact that I hadn't eaten breakfast. Bad. Without food I am completely useless and my good judgement skills are nonexistent. 

~The third clue that this was a bad idea was the fact that I was going to try ordering from a new place. Try a new product when you are tired, hungry and are counting on the product to get you through the next 5 hours of photo editing and compiling news briefs is not smart. 

I ignored all of these clues and headed to McDonald's (haven't been there in for-ev-er) ordered a small sugar-free (I hold a strong opposition to fake sugar) vanilla ( I prefer caramel) iced coffee. It was only $1.07 and this was the only good thing about this drink. 

By the end of the day my head was pounding, my stomach was in knots, and my mouth had that nasty fake sugar induced after-taste feeling. Then it hit me. Not only was this drink gross... it has MILK in it. I'm lactose intolerant. 

Major fail on my part. Next time I'm looking for a morning pick-me-up I will probably just go to the 'Bucks. Yeah I know, home of overpriced drinks. Well, to that I say, It's a luxury, and sometimes low cost isn't necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment